Call for Workshop of Undergraduate Works
The WUW – SVR2020 invites undergraduates and recent graduates to submit original works, proposals with final or partial results of scientific or technological research in the areas of virtual, augmented or mixed reality. The workshop is part of the 22nd edition of the Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR). It is the 4th edition of the WUW. In 2017, 2018 and 2019, it was organized under the name Workshop of Scientific Initiation (WIC from the initials in Portuguese).
Paper submission deadline: July 6th, 2020 Paper submission deadline: August 23rd, 2020 Notification: August 25th, 2020 Notification: September 10th, 2020 Camera-ready submission deadline: September 14th, 2020 Presentation in theworkshop: November 7 to 10th, 2020
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual and Augmented Reality in Brazil. Traditionally sponsored by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC); SVR is in its 22nd edition and has established itself as an international scientific forum for the exchange of experience and knowledge among researchers, professionals, practitioners, students and developers concerned with research and development of human-computer interfaces focused on Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Realities.
This year, SVR will be held on November, 7th to November, 10th in Porto de Galinhas, in the Brazilian State of Pernambuco.
Topics of Interest
- VR/AR/MR/360 Video systems, frameworks and toolkits
- 3D interaction
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Machine learning for VR/AR/MR
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
- User studies and evaluation
- Tracking and sensing
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR/360 Video
- Immersive gaming / serious games
- Storytelling in immersive environments
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- Perception, presence, and cognition in VR/AR/MR
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Social, economic, and technical impacts of VR/AR/MR
- Immersive environments evaluation
- Rendering techniques
- Advanced technologies for optical display
- Modeling and Simulation
- Hardware graphics acceleration
WUW Submission Instructions
Papers submitted to WUW – SVR2020 must have between 3 and 5 pages, including figures, tables, references, acknowledgments, etc. Some additional aspects must be observed:
- Papers may be written in English or Portuguese (in this case, abstracts and titles in English and Portuguese must be included), and they must be in PDF format;
- The format must follow the IEEE template (Latex | Word);
- Authors’ names and affiliations should be removed from the submitted manuscript, which must be anonymized to guarantee a blind review.
- The undergraduate student or recent graduate must be the first author. Supervisors and co-supervisors must also be authors of the paper. At least one supervisor or co-supervisor is necessary for the paper to be considered for review;
- Papers selection will be carried out from the review by members of the Program Committee. Each proposal will be analyzed by at least two reviewers;
- Submissions must be made using the JEMS system through “SVR2020 – WUW”
The accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the WUW – SVR2020. At least one of the authors must register in the symposium for the paper to be included in the proceedings (Each paper must have one registered author with an Other Track Paper Registration Fee). The accepted works must be presented during the workshop by the undergraduate (or recently graduate) student.
It is necessary to send a Copyright document from SBC in the camera-ready submission for publication in the WUW-SVR2020. The document must be submitted through JEMS systems, filled out with information related to the workshop, chair(s), paper title and authors.
Presentations will be given orally by the authors and will be followed by a mentoring session with experts. More details will be given to presenters after acceptance as well as in the program to be added to the official website of the symposium.
Up to three papers will be awarded in the workshop. For award purposes, the quality of the oral presentation will also be evaluated. Papers accepted and not presented in the WUW – SVR2020 will not compete for awards and will be removed from the proceedings.
No-Show and No-Registration Policy
No-show papers are defined as accepted papers submitted by authors who did not present the paper at the technical meeting. Each paper must have at least one registered author with a Main Track Paper Registration Fee. Each paper must have a different Other Track Paper Registration Fee. Otherwise, the paper is considered a no-registration. No-show and no-registration papers will not be included in the program.