Call for Papers
The Symposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality (SVR) is the premier conference on Virtual and Augmented Reality in Brazil. Traditionally sponsored by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC), SVR is in its 22nd edition and has established itself as an international scientific forum for the exchange of experience and knowledge among researchers, professionals, practitioners, students and developers concerned with research and development of human-computer interfaces focused on Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Realities.
This year, SVR will be held on November, 7th to November, 10th virtually.
Topics of Interest
- VR/AR/MR systems, frameworks and toolkits
- 3D interaction
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Machine learning for VR/AR/MR
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
- User studies and evaluation
- Tracking and sensing
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
- Immersive gaming / serious games
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- Perception, presence, and cognition in VR/AR/MR
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Social, economic, and technical impacts of VR/AR/MR
- Virtual environments evaluation
SVR Main Track
During the submission process, each full or short paper should be classified as one of the following categories:
1) Research paper: the goal of this track is to present papers with original research describing results that contribute to advances in the state-of-the-art of VR/AR-related topics.
2) Application / Case Studies: due to the growing maturity of the VR/AR fields, there are already VR/AR/MR applications in widespread use across many fields. This track provides the ideal opportunity to present and discuss applications. The goal is to present applications that build upon existing ideas and established techniques to solve a problem in a novel way.
3) Review papers: the goal of this track is to present papers that explore the state-of-the-art in VR/AR/MR. A review paper should provide an updated and extensive overview of the kind of issues that are addressed in the literature on a topic related to VR/AR, the main theories, findings, conclusions, and the most important challenges for the future. After a rigorous double-blinded peer-review process, the selected papers will be presented in the symposium technical sessions, published in the conference proceedings and submitted to the IEEE Digital Library. Outstanding papers submitted in English will be invited to submit extended versions to a special session in the SBC Journal on Interactive Systems.
Full papers: Full papers should contain between 6 and 10 pages and present a level of contribution commensurate with its length. Research full papers should present consolidated research ideas with strong evaluation evidence of the results. Application and case study full papers should report on mature applications, which have been thoroughly tested with evidence of the effectiveness of the tool. All review papers are expected to be submitted as full papers. Exceptionally, review papers may contain up to 12 pages.
Short papers: Short papers should contain between 3 and 5 pages and should present small, but not low quality, contributions. Research short papers may report initial ideas and preliminary evaluations of ongoing research, or complete presentation and evaluation of a small research problem. Application and case study short papers may present an ongoing effort into an applied problem in VR/AR, or the complete report of an application with limited scope. No review papers should be submitted in short form.
As an international forum in virtual and augmented reality, which welcomes a worldwide audience, the official language of SVR 2020 will be English. Authors are strongly encouraged to submit papers in English and use translation services if needed. Papers written in Portuguese will be accepted and reviewed with the same process as English-language papers. Special Portuguese-only sessions will be offered during SVR for the presentation of Portuguese-language papers. It is the goal of SVR to have an increasing percentage of the conference papers written in English.
Papers must be formatted using the IEEE guidelines – A4 page size – and should be written preferably in English or Portuguese.
Papers in Portuguese must also have a title and abstract in English, with corrected grammar, preferably written or translated by a native English speaker. Authors names and affiliations should be removed from the submitted manuscript to guarantee a blind review. The papers will be submitted to the JEMS system.
The final version of your paper must be submitted with the SBC Copyright Form. The template has the Copyright Form written in English and in Portuguese. It is not necessary to sign both. Authors must choose between one of the two no matter the language in which the draft was written. CPS camera-ready submissions: corresponding authors of all accepted full and short papers will be contacted by CPS to provide their final version of the paper to be published electronically by the CPS.
Jun 30: Full and short papers submission deadline Jul 15 : Full and short papers submission deadline (extended) Jul 17: Full and short papers submission deadline (extended)
Jul 20: Full and short papers submission deadline (extended)
Sep 11: Acceptance notification Aug 25: Acceptance notification
Aug 30: Acceptance notification
Sep 22: Camera-ready due
Sep 14: Camera-ready due
No-Show and No-Registration Policy
No-show papers are defined as accepted papers submitted by authors who did not present the paper at the technical meeting. Each paper must have at least one registered author with a Main Track Paper Registration Fee. Each paper must have a different Main Track Paper Registration Fee. Otherwise, the paper is considered a no-registration. No-show and no-registration papers will not be included in the program and will be removed from the proceedings.
Program committee chairs
Fátima Nunes, USP, Brazil
Indira Thouvenin, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
Pablo Figueroa, UNIANDES, Colombia
Have more questions?
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org